A couple of my friends from LA were here in Austin looking at houses. They are thinking about moving here so one can pursue the live music scene and just for a change in scenery. I was playing host them and I wanted to do my best to show them a good time so they would want to move here.
The first day was house searching with my real estate agent...long, tedious and not very production. Kind of notoriously ass-backwards as well since this was the first time that they had ever been to Austin and they were looking for a house to live her without experiencing the town and finding out whether they even like it or not.
I had a list of the top 101 things to do in Austin. I hadn't done, but maybe 10 of the things on there and all the other stuff I blew off at stupid and not worth my time before this weekend of showing friends around.
So we went down to 6th Street at 7pm...crazy and I showed them EVERYTHING I remembered from all the times I've been down there until 2am. That's a lot of stuff and we drank quite a bit. I discovered that there is quite a bit of entertainment down there that at one point didn't interest me much, but now I probably would enjoy a lot.
The next day I took them to Zilker Park and more of the SOCO area. It was a great, beautiful day and we went canoeing. It was my first time in a canoe and it was cool experience. The balance of the canoe almost bordered on chaotic and I was afraid about tipping in cause I'm so hefty.
Anyways, since this is so boring, the short of it is that I found out there are tons of things to do in Austin that I haven't been tapping into.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment