I'm watching High Stakes Poker on TV at 1am. It's silly that people can sit around and watch people play poker. As if playing a card game in itself is all the fun to begin with, but watching other people, who you don't even know, play is almost madness.
I used to like playing poker a lot, but that was always with friends. It's the banter and ragging that made the game fun and that why I paid. After dabbling in a couple "pick-up" poker games with people I didn't know, the game lost its luster. The seriousness of gambling for money against strangers who have your same intention of winning isn't fun.
I guess a competitive person can get passed that real quick and realize that it's just a game and there are winners and losers. They can play for the "W" and the money is secondary. I always saw it as a catch-22 that I had a competitive nature that was very competitive right up to just before the point of "W" and then it trails off into oblivion and usually a loss. I don't know where my lack of finishing, sealing the deal, signing on the dotted line, manning up, gametime, clutch came from, but it's been annoying.
There are a few very important things that I have came through on though.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment